I am very excited to really learn this material!
I went in to the first lecture not really knowing what to expect out of this class. I was thinking that this would either be a really easy math class or a really hard computer science class with math. It looks like it's going to be challenging but also really informative! I like how the instructor really interacts with the students during the lecture. I am striving for a double major in computer science and drama, and I really love the small, intimate classes that the drama program offers. I wish the lectures were smaller, but because the instructor engages with us, it makes the class feel a lot like a seminar. I also really enjoy how my lecture is three hours long, but acts like three one - hour lectures with breaks in between. It compacts all the learning and yet feels very spread out. I hope the instructor continues to teach them in this way because the breaks in between allow me to speak with a friend about the material and then get ready for the new stuff.
The first lecture was very basic and I didn't really take any information away from it that I already knew, but it was the second lecture that got me thinking and also excited. The main thing that challenged me and also got me really focused were implications! I was struggling at first with the idea of P > Q, but then after some of the examples it really clicked. Some of my favorite ones were:
" If you eat your vegetables, then you can have dessert." Where P is eat your vegetables, which then means you have Q; your dessert!
"If you think I'm lying, then you're a liar!" P is "you think I'm lying." Q is "you're a liar."
These are the main points I newly discovered from the lecture and I can't wait to see what the next lectures have in store!
I also recently had my first tutorial and I thought it was a little messy at first. They gave us the wrong room but as soon as we entered the right room, the tutorial got good! I like the setup of working on the tutorial exercise, going over the exercise, and then taking a short quiz that uses material similar to the exercise. I hope they continue with this format because it is exactly what a tutorial should be.
This is Caleb, signing out!
No comments:
Post a Comment