HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
This week in csc165 we had our first test! I was not too worried about the test as it primarily focused on the logic we have been learning through the first part of the year. I feel like I did okay on the test and may have let my nervousness get to me a bit. I will do better on the next one though!
In our lecture we focused on the structure of proofs and how to go about proving logic statements with proofs. I have always HATED proofs. Because they are very tedious and long. But I found that the structure of the proofs we are doing are pretty nice and easy. They have a formula that takes away the tediousness of knowing where to start the proof. The formula is to "assume" your universal variables and existential variables. Then 'let' your existential variable be something, then use 'then' statements to conclude your proof. By the time I got to the tutorial I had the grasp of these proofs down.
The next step I have to take is to really study how to figure out where to look in the symbolic sentences for the logical way to actually prove the sentence.
See you next week!
-Caleb
No comments:
Post a Comment